Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hello, please help! I can't find how to send a group email to my whole list(category) of contacts?

I'm going on the trip for a month, and just set up the list/category of people who like to receive group emails about my travels. I've used yahoo for this before in the past, but suddenly this time I can find absolutely nothing about sending a group email like this, without having to type in all 21 addresses each time. Shouldn't I be able to do this automatically, as in the past? Thank you in advance. I sure hope this feature hasn't disappeared from yahoo mail.

Hello, please help! I can't find how to send a group email to my whole list(category) of contacts?
When you start a new mail message, click the 'to' option, your whole address book will appear, now just click each contact you wish to send the mail to, then when you have finished selecting click 'insert checked contacts', then hit send.





There is also an option to create a new group, which might suit your needs very well. Include everyone you will be mailing in a group together, then create your email and send to the whole group in one hit. You will find this option to create as 'new category' after clicking 'add to category' on your contacts page.





I hope you made sense of all that, and that I have answered your question successfully. Do enjoy your trip, and good luck!
Reply:If you upgraded to the New mail---that's why you can't find what you're looking for.





You might want to switch back to Classic mail to create your "Categories" ----AND ----email anything using them.





You can use the link at the top of the page (next to sign out) that says----"Mail Classic"--OR--"All New Mail", to switch back and forth.





Or---click this link to return to Classic---then click "yes".


http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/dc/optout?s...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 


group email © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting