Saturday, November 7, 2009

Auto login script to take my users to a group email account?

I am the president of a school club, and I started a club website. It is a forumotion page, so we haven't bought our own domain yet. I would like to create a link in the menu bar to a group email account for my officers to use. I've completed that much, and I have the email address set up but I would like to have a script that will automatically log into the email address for them when they click the link (which only they can see because of special permissions). Or even log into a site which will retrieve the email from the original account (such as Fuser.com). This would make it much easier.





I have tried the following:


http://username:password@www.website.com


with, of course, the needed information. But It didn't work.

Auto login script to take my users to a group email account?
I'm not sure of your environment, but it sounds like you're trying to login your users into a web based email account. I'm also assuming that there's a web page where they input a login and password to gain entry to that email account.





If that's the case, here's what I can suggest. From your menu bar, you have a link which will kick off some JavaScript which will essentially submit the login/password to the web based email system. You can also do this by creating a PHP/ASP.NET page which does the same thing as well.





Here's an example of how this could work with JavaScript:





%26lt;form name="hiddenEmailForm" action=" { url of email login form }"%26gt;


%26lt;input type='hidden' name='login' value='loginname'%26gt;


%26lt;input type='hidden' name='password' value='loginpassword'%26gt;


%26lt;/form%26gt;





%26lt;script language="JavaScript"%26gt;


function emailLogin() {


document.hiddenEmailForm.submit();


}


%26lt;/script%26gt;





%26lt;a href="javascript:emailLogin();"%26gt;login to email%26lt;/a%26gt;

networking

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


group email © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting